First monument to the Heavenly Hundred was opened in the USA
Kyiv Patriarch Filaret, Illinois Governor Rauner, and Minister Yaresko attended the event
The first monument to the Heavenly Hundred was solemnly unveiled and consecrated in Bloomingdale near Chicago, the USA.
It is installed near the town's St. Andrew Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Ukrainian Consulate General in Chicago reports.
Consecration ceremony was conducted by Filaret, Patriarch of Kyiv and Whole Rus-Ukraine.
The opening was attended by Bruce Rauner, Governor of Illinois, Congressman Peter Roskam, Natalia Yaresko, Ukrainian Minister of Finance, and Larysa Herasko, Consul General of Ukraine in Chicago.
At the opening ceremony, also letters of congratulation from Senators John McCain and Mark Kirk were read.
Senator John McCain actively supported construction of the monument. Ukrainian community in America assisted to it by fundraising for building the monument.
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
EU foreign ministers to urge Assad and his allies to come to trial 17 October, 08:30
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas