First mechanical heart transplantation in Ukraine
41-year-old Pavlo Doroshko from Kharkiv received mechanical heart
There was the first mechanical heart transplantation in Ukraine. The Chairman of the Heart Institute Borys Todurov wrote this on Facebook.
Todurov previously reported that 41-year-old Pavlo Doroshko from Kharkiv came to the Institute with the severe heart failure.
According to the doctor, the use of artificial mechanical heart for patients with severe cardiac disease increases their chances of survival and helps them to wait for the transplantation of the donor organ. The mechanical heart costs 120 thousand euros.
He noted that the life of the heart is not limited and some patients live with it for over 8 years.
Germany delivered the mechanical heart to Ukraine on July 7. Todurov said that the company has transferred the mechanical heart without payment, taking into account the serious condition of the patient and the inability to wait for a long time.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain