First company of women practice for service in Ukraine’s airborne troops
The cadets train at a flying range in northern Ukraine to join the army soon
The first female company of the airborne troops is having practice at a training center in Zhytomyr region, northern Ukraine.
There are 44 women in the company, Ukraine's Defense Ministry reported. They have theoretical classes and practice jumping at parachute simulator – under the supervision of instructors.
The military students will perform the real parachute jumping in several days already. Only after that they will be able to enjoy the rights of full-fledged troopers.
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany