Fire in Chernobyl Exclusion zone localized
2 AN-32P and Mi-8 helicopters involved in conquering fire
The employees of the General Directorate of the Kyiv Emergency Service managed to localize the fire near the town of Pripyat in the Kyiv region, near the Chernobyl nuclear power plant at 18:20 p.m. The press service of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine reports this.
The fire originated in the individual sections of an area of about 3 hectares with no spread of fire.
To extinguish the fire, 10 pieces of equipment and 61 people were involved, including the 6 pieces of equipment and 52 people of personnel from the State Emergency Service of Ukraine. 2 AN-32P and Mi-8 helicopters were involved in carrying out reconnaissance and extinguishing the fire.
The operational focus group works on the place of the fire.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars