Family appealed to government and human rights activists to release Umerov
Appeal is addressed to Ukraine’s leaders, as well as domestic and international human rights organizations
The relatives of illegally held in Crimea Deputy Head of the Mejlis Ilmi Umerov appealed to the Ukrainian authorities and international organizations to intensify efforts to free him. Umerov’s daughter Aishe posted the statement on Facebook.
Appeal is addressed to the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko, the Verkhovna Rada and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine as well as Ukrainian and international human rights organizations. Umerov’s relatives emphasize that the deputy head of Mejlis became the victim of unlawful harassment on the part of the Russian Federation and needs a proper medical care due to the deteriorating state of health.
"We call on the Ukrainian authorities, international organizations, human rights organizations to intensify and consolidate efforts for the release of Ilmi Umerov. We also urge to increase the pressure on Russia to stop the persecution of Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ilmi Umerov, close the criminal case against him and immediately set him free", reads the statement, signed by Umerov’s wife, his son and two daughters.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case