Explosion at Ukroboronprom facility kills three people
Accident took place in Sumy region, northeastern Ukraine
According to the press service of local military prosecutor’s office, the blast took place at the Chemicals Research and Development Institute in Krolevets district, Sumy region. The entity is part of Ukroboronprom, Ukraine’s largest defense enterprise.
The blast took place at about 4.30 p.m. Thursday, while the staff was unloading ammunition that was supposed to be disposed of. The authority reports that three people got killed, two more received injuries.
The military prosecutor’s office sent a commission to investigate the incident.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars