Explosion at the border between mainland Ukraine and annexed Crimea
Unknown attackers tried to blow up power lines near Chongar border crossing
Last night some attackers attempted to blow up two pillars of power at the border with the annexed Crimea, as state the State Emergency Service in Kherson region. Two power lines are damaged, and the incident is currently under investigation of the local police, because the attackers used the explosive devices.
According to law enforcers, "one of the pillars was damaged by mechanical means", it took place in the field between the villages of Ataman and Novyi Trud, Kherson region. They also attached a "thing that looks like a bomb" to the other pillar. The criminals used mortar of caliber 82 mm, with two charges did not explode.
This is not the first time of power lines damage at the border between mainland Ukraine and annexed Crimea. As was reported before, October 6, near the same place at Chongar crossing explosion had damaged another pillar, which has been restored already.
Since September 20, Crimean Tatars are blocking all three crossing points on the peninsula: Chongar, Kalanchak and Chaplinka (Kherson region). Their aim is not to let the trucks with food pass to the peninsula occupied by Russian Federation. The initiators of the protes action are Crimean Tatar activists and the Majlis member, also the blocking activity is supported by representatives of the Right Sector, self-defense and volunteer battalions. Termination of electricity supply to the annexed Crimea could be the next step in the blockade of the peninsula, as was previously stated by the leader of the Majlis of the Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov.
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels