Eurovision 2017: Ukraine’s authorities postpone election of host city for Song Contest
National Television Company of Ukraine CEO comments on this delay
The final choice of the Ukrainian city where to host the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 has been postponed due to the further discussion with the European Broadcasting Union inspectors (EBU), the general producer of the Eurovision Yuen Ulla and the observer from the Eurovision Supervisory Board Nadia Burkhard.
The Director General of the National Television Company of Ukraine (NTCU) Zurab Alasania wrote this on Facebook.
"Each city in its own way showed a fantastic desire to present a huge European show. Each of the cities has its drawbacks. There are some technical or technological, or financial and political issues", he wrote.
General Director of the National Television said "we are not too behind schedule, which we make up ourselves".
According to Alasania, inspectors and representatives of the EBU and Eurovision in Ukraine had two days behind to get acquainted with all three cities and locations and "were happy and understood the delay because they would like the details themselves”.
In addition, the NTCU CEO also said that the candidate city representatives need to clarify the problematic information.
Ante for Odesa portside plant makes USD 150 million, - State Property Fund 23 September, 11:28
Brawl between pro-Kremlin activists and Right Sector members in Odesa 10 October, 09:15
Turkey proachers’ boat sank during storm in Odesa 13 October, 13:48
Earthquake in Romania: aftershocks reached Ukraine 24 September, 11:30
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars