Eurovision 2017: Groysman congratulates capital on victory
Kyiv becomes host city of Song Contest
Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman congratulated the Ukrainian capital on a victory in the competition for the right to host the song contest Eurovision 2017.
"Kyiv will host the Eurovision 2017. Congrats to the capital!" He wrote on Facebook.
The Song Contest Eurovision 2017 will be held in Kyiv. Director of the National Television Company of Ukraine Zurab Alasania announced this result today, on September 9. 19 votes were given to Kyiv and only 2 - for Odesa.
The contest will be held in the International Exhibition Centre (IEC) on the left bank of the Dnieper.
Mikheil Saakashvili, the governor of Odesa region, said Odesa is left without Eurovision.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars