European Winter festival in Kyiv: celebrating diversity
An opportunity to celebrate New Year by traditions of European nations
A “European Winter” festival is underway in the Ukrainian capital. It kicked off on December 12 and will last till January 10. In its frameworks, Poshtova Square hosts large number of events bringing European traditions of celebrating New Year and Chritsmas.
A Christmas tree was installed at the square by mid-December.
The idea of this exotic festival is that each day, people have an opportunity to celebrate New Year by traditions of different European nations. Guests of the festival can taste delicacies of European cuisine, buy souvenirs and much more.
On December 13-17, days of Germany were held in the frameworks of the festival. On December 18-22, visitors of the festival can feel British spirit and traditions of the winter holidays in this country (including the well-known British custom of putting New Year presents into socks). On December 23-26, Poshtova Square will host days of France, December 27-30 – days of Spain, and finally – days of Italy that cover the period from December 31 to January 5.
From January 6 to 10, days of UKraine will be winding up the festival. Visitors will have an opportunity to celebrate Christmas by Ukrainian traditions.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas