European Council approved about €400 mln to deal with the refugee crisis
Bulk of amount intended for the third countries hosting refugees from Syria
The European Council approved €400 mln of additional financial aid in response to the migration crisis, the press service of the body stated.
“In a fast-track procedure the Council accepted draft amending budget for 2015 which strengthens the EU support under the European agenda on migration by €401,3 mln in commitments and €57,0 mln in payments,” said in the press release.
The approved sum of money includes €300 mln for the third countries hosting refugees from Syria, €100 mln to finance emergency assistance provided under the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund, and the Internal Security Fund. The rest €1,3 mln is intended for the creation of 120 new posts in the EU agencies working on migration-related areas. Also, an additional €55.7 mln will be allocated as humanitarian aid.
It is noted that the draft amending the 2015 EU budget should be approved by the European Parliament. If approved, a three-week conciliation period would start, stressed in the press service of the European Council.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars