Embassy of Ukraine in Latvia evacuated over suspicious letter
Local media reported that similar envelopes have recieved other several state institutions in Latvia
Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Latvia and other state bodies of the country received envelopes containing an unknown white powder, the spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Mariana Betza confirmed, Interfax reported.
"On November 10, at the Ukrainian Embassy in Latvia among incoming mail an envelope was found, after opening of which the attachment in the form of a white powder was detected. On this envelope was no return address," Betza said
According to her, workers of Ukrainian diplomatic mission immediately called Riga police squad.
"For the moment our staff remains in the embassy building as well as the task force of police works, carrying out the necessary procedures. Present visitors were evacuated," the Foreign Ministry speaker told.
According to local media, similar envelopes have received several state institutions in Latvia.
Earlier it was reported that the staff of the Embassy of Ukraine in Riga was evacuated because of a letter containing a suspicious substance.
Earlier, the enterprise in the center of Riga (street Pulkveža Brieža) received a suspicious envelope. Employees of the company were evacuated. Later, the police reported that the workers had returned to their workplace, and an envelope with a suspicious substance handed over for examination. In connection with the case the criminal proceedings were launched.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case