Earthquake in Romania: aftershocks reached Ukraine
The 5.5-magnitude quake took place in Romaina’s Vrancea province
An earthquake occurred in Romania, Vrancea province, one of the most seismically active regions in Europe. GFZ research institute in Potsdam, Germany, reported this on Saturday morning.
The epicenter of the quake was 89 kilometers under the ground.
The aftershocks were clearly felt by residents of many Ukrainian cities – Kyiv, Irpin, Odesa, Chernivtsi, Vinnytsia, Dniptopetrovsk, Mariupol.
Those in Moldavia and the non-recognized state of Transnistria felt the aftershocks, too.
City’s First, the outlet based in Odesa, southern Ukraine, reports that the aftershocks were observed at 2.13 a.m. local time. The eyewitnesses reported that the furniture shook up and the chandeliers rocked.
Below you may find a video of an aftershock effect in an apartment in Kyiv.
Watch the video:
In Kyiv, aftershocks were observed in most of the city’s districts. No information about destructions or casualties so far.
Source: Helmholtz Zentrum Potsdam
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars