Dutch prosecutors announce results of preliminary investigation into MH17 tragedy
Families of the victims came to Rotterdam for the official announcement procedure
The Dutch prosecutor’s office today makes public the results of the investigation into the MH17 tragedy. 112 Ukraine TV channel’s correspondent said this on Wednesday.
The investigation group is expected to release the information about the actual site from which the missile was launched and what kind of weapon was used.
‘The procedure is as follows: at first, no press will be allowed; the investigators will first talk to the families of the victims and let them ask their questions. Then, the announcement for the media will be made. They will not name the actual perpetrators of the disaster, since it is a preliminary investigation. The victims’ families we managed to speak to said they demand the Ukrainian government to explain why they didn’t shut the airspace – perhaps, even to apologize,’ the reporter said.
As is known, Boeing 777 of Malaysian Airlines that was on its way from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was downed over Donetsk region on July 17, 2014. 298 people were aboard. None of the passengers or the crew survived. The Ukrainian investigators who also looked into the tragedy said that the reason of the crash was the missile fired from Russian-made missile launcher Buk; one of such launchers - the same one that presumably hit the airplane - was used by Russian mercenaries in Donetsk region at the time.
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia 21 October, 19:31
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain