Dutch Prosecutor General: 100 suspects in MH17 downing and Buk missile transportation
Their identities have been confirmed, Fred Westerbeke says
The international group of investigators who look into the MH17 tragedy found out the names of a hundred suspects in this disaster. Dutch Prosecutor General Fred Westerbeke said this on September 28 at the press briefing, where the experts disclosed part of the information.
‘Over the past two years, we reached significant progress in this investigation. Currently, there are a hundred of suspects or those who might be involved in downing of the airplane or transportation of this missile launcher. We confirmed their identities. These people either manned this Buk, or moved it to the missile launch site. Other people in this list also played part in this process’, Westerbeke said.
As is known, Boeing 777 of Malaysian Airlines that was on its way from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was downed over Donetsk region on July 17, 2014. 298 people were aboard; none of the passengers or the crew survived. The Ukrainian investigators who also looked into the tragedy said that the reason of the crash was the missile fired from Russian-made missile launcher Buk; one of such launchers - the same one that presumably hit the airplane - was used by Russian mercenaries in Donetsk region at the time.
Claims against Ukraine in MH17 case 30 September, 12:42
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case