Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism
Peskov says Kremlin sees this invitation as a positive sign
The Netherlands' Foreign Ministry invited Russian Ambassador due to the criticism of MH17 crash investigation process. TASS agency reports this.
"Russia's statements regarding the investigation of Boeing MH17 crash in Ukraine in 2014 became the reason for this invitation", Dutch Foreign Ministry says.
"By these statements, made by Kremlin, Foreign Ministry and Defense Ministry representatives, Russia casted discredit on competence, honesty and independence of Dutch Prosecutor's Office. Foreign Ministry of the Netherlands notified Russian Ambassador that such unreasonable criticism is unacceptable", reads the statement.
At the same time, Russian President's Press Secretary Dmitriy Peskov said Kremlin sees this invitation as a positive sign.
"It's good news", he said, after receiving the information about the invitation from the media.
"The Head of the Russia Embassy to the Netherlands will fully present our position on this matter", Peskov added.
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars