Draft law offering to fire Interior Minister Avakov registered in Parliament
MP Serhiy Kaplin offers to dismiss Minister Arsen Avakov due to incompetence after the tragedy in Mykolaiv region
Ukraine’s Interior Minister Arsen Avakov might be fired after the murder of a civilian in Mykolaiv region, southern Ukraine. The draft bill with the offer to dismiss Avakov has been submitted in the Parliament today.
The document itself has not yet been published at the Parliament’s website.
On the night of Tuesday to Wednesday, August 24, Olexandr Zuckerman was killed while being detained by the police. Earlier that night his wife, Alla Zuckerman, called the cops, reporting that her husband, Olexandr, came home drunk and made a racket.
An operational investigative group of Kryvoozersky department of three policemen arrived at the scene.
The law enforcers found 'Lada' car with the smashed windscreen. Another local resident stated he had a conflict with Olexandr Zuckerman, who had knocked the windscreen of his car with a shovel.
When police entered the courtyard, Alla Zuckerman showed his husband sleeping on driver's seat in his car in garage. Further descriptions from the participants of those events and witnesses vary a lot. The police claim that awakened Zuckerman and he attacked them with a shovel and nearly killed. So they applied power and handcuffed him.
But the mother of the dead man and the neighbors say that law enforcers pulled Olexandr out of the car, handcuffed him, took him outside to his car, knocked to the ground and started beating him. At this time came three more police officers, who also joined the beating. All this was done in the presence of Zuckerman's mother, his wife and his son. Some witnesses say that they heard the shots, though shells were not found on the scene. Police stopped beating only when Zuckerman stopped moving. They called the ambulance. When the doctors announced Zuckerman dead, the police simply fled, leaving a dead body in a puddle in the street.
The forensic medical report conducted that Zuckerman died of gunshot wounds. The cause of death was "acute internal bleeding, traumatic heart failure." At least four gunshot wounds were found in the body of the deceased, allegedly from a Flaubert traumatic gun. According to the expert, shots were made at the close range. Two bullets were found in the heart, another one stuck in the lung.
All three suspects in the case - Denys Lyakhvatsky, Olexandr Prychypoida and Mykola Khomenko - were detained by the decision of the court. Sergeant Denys Lyakhvatsky is the only one charged with the intentional homicide; the other two suspects are accused of exceeding authority.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU 3 October, 15:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case