Dnipro city shooting: People say farewell to perished cops
Hundreds of citizens came to honor the memory of Artem Kutushev and Olga Makarenko
Residents of Dnipro bring flowers and candles to buildings of Maksym Gorky’s theatre and the police department. A correspondent of 112 Ukraine TV channel says it is next to impossible to count how many people already came to pay the last tribute to the cops who perished in the shootout yesterday morning.
‘The theatre’s building is overcrowded. A huge line of people stayed outside waiting in queue; hundreds of people stay on the street, under the rain, holding flowers and candles. They have no intention to leave until they get in and say goodbye to the cops. More people are coming,’ the correspondent said.
High-ranked officials joined the mourning ceremony, among them Interior Minister Arsen Avakov, Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, Chief of the National Police Khatia Dekanoidze and Dnipro mayor Borys Filatov.
Interior Ministry to interview Pugachov on September 26-28 26 September, 12:39
Interior Minister’s counselor: Pugachov should get life sentence 26 September, 10:00
Murderer of two police employees in Dnipro stable after surgery 26 September, 07:45
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars