Defense Ministry of Poland: Smolensk crash was planned by Kremlin
Polish Defense Ministry promised to make the evidence public soon
Polish Defense Minister Antoni Macierewicz said that the materials on the crash near Smolensk previously unknown to the public will be presented soon. He said that in his interview with Rzeczpospolita.
He noted that it was about new records of conversations of the crew of the crashed Tu-154. In particular, Macierewicz said that the evidence will be presented to prove that "the purpose of the actions of Russian authorities and air traffic controllers was the plane crash with President Kaczynski and a numerous delegation aboard."
"Now we have real evidence, including those suppressed by the Miller's commission (previous investigative commission on Smolensk disaster - Ed.). We have a horrific confessions of members of the commission," - Macierewicz said.
According to him, the materials relating to the disaster, will be unveiled this October.
Earlier, the previous centrist Polish government accepted Russian version about the pilot error as the main version of the tragedy, but now the ruling party "Law and Justice" led by Jaroslaw Kaczynski, the twin brother of Lech Kaczynski, is considering possible explosion on board the plane.
As it was repoerted earlier, Tu-154, with Kaczynski and his wife, and the representatives of the high command and political parties in Poland aboard, heading to the ceremonies on the anniversary of the massacre of Polish officers in the Katyn forest, crashed in Smolensk on April 10, 2010. The crash killed 96 people, including 7 crew members.
Russia refuses to give Poland the wreckage of the crash.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars