Death toll in attack on police checkpoint in Egypt rises to 8
Earlier it was reported about 6 dead
At least seven policemen and one civilian were killed in an explosion at a police checkpoint near the point of El Arish in northern Sinai in Egypt. Reuters reports this referring to the medical data.
Agency sources said that the terrorists placed a bomb on a car stolen earlier and rammed the checkpoint. After this, the attackers opened fire on a checkpoint.
The Interior Ministry said that the attack was committed by a group of about 20 men.
Security forces killed five attackers and wounded three others.
In addition, 13 more people were injured as a result of the attack.
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany