Crimean Tatar memorial desecrated in annexed Crimea
Employees of public services tried to remove the problem "quietly" without public resonance
The unknown sprayed with yellow paint a plaque dedicated to the victims of Crimean Tatars deportation in 1944, Krymr.com.
"At 9 o'clock in the morning local people noticed that the memorial is spoiled with yellow paint. Employees of public services were already standing at that place, trying to remove the paint," said one of the witnesses. He suggests that local authorities thus wanted to eliminate the problem "quietly" that is why the public servicemen were first who came to the place. Local residents did not allow to remove paint and just forget about this incident. They asked to call the police to record the case. Security officials, who came to the place, recorded the fact of desecration of the memorial. But still there is no certainty about opening the investigation into the vandalism.
Acts of vandalism against the Crimean Tatar memorials and shrines take palce regularly and self-proclaimed authorities do not try to investigate the cases and punish the vandals. For example, the suspects in the arson of mosques, which took place two years ago, are still not found.
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars