Crimean Tatar journalist sentenced in annexed Crimea
Eskender Nebiyev got 2 years and 6 months suspended prison sentence for participating in the “February 26” rally
A 29-year cameraman for Crimean Tatar ATR channel Eskender Nebiyev got 2 years and 6 months suspended prison sentence with a probation period of 2 years. He is charged with participating in a rally on February 26, Krym.inform.
Eskender Nebiyev was detained on April 20 on checking his home. The investigation established that Nebiyev, in accordance with unauthorized orders of rally organizer Ahtem Çiygoz, committed socially serious offences. According to the judge, February 26, Nebiyev and others began to attack with hands and feet, spray cans, gas and pushed the protesters of pro-Russian "Russian unity". Specifically, Nebiyev hit some unidentified person.
Recalling, February 26, 2014, supporters of Mejlis and “Russian Unity” gathered in front of the Crimean parliament. The rallies of two parties were organized by Refat Chubarov, leader of the Crimean Tatar national movement in Ukraine and worldwide, and Sergei Aksyonov, so-called Prime Minister of the annexed Crimea. Then two people were killed in the skirmish. Russia’s Investigative Committee has launched the criminal proceeding into the case “on suspicion of organization and participation in mass riots”.
Deputy Chairman of Majlis Ahtem Çiygoz was detained by the Russian occupying authorities in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea on 29 January 2015 and placed under arrest on trumped-up charges of “organizing mass disorder” near building of the Verkhovna Rada of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea on 26 February 2014.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain