Crimean "Back in USSR": renovation of bas-relief to Stalin
Local communists want to "restore historic justice"
Local branch of the Communist party in Crimea appealed to so-called head of the republic Sergey Aksenov with a request of renovation of a bas-relief of Stalin. It should be set at the Simferopol railway station, right on the place, where a soviet bas-relief to Stalin used to be.
“It is time to restore historic justice and return the bas-relief of the outstanding figure of our state Joseph Stalin,” as stated cpmmunists in the official letter to to Aksenov. They add that the restoration of the bas-relief would be another important event in celebration of the 70th anniversary of the Great Victory of the Soviet people in the Great Patriotic War and the clear evidence of the strengthening ties between the generations.
As was reported before, bas-relief of Stalin are alsready restored on subway stations in Moscow. Also a plaque in honor of Josef Stalin was unveiled in Simferopol, Crimea. May 8, 2015, on the eve of the Victory Day, at the ceremony of unveiling the memorial, a woman cried "Stalin is a torturer!" and was immediately detained.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday 24 October, 09:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case