Corruption still "on the front pages" in Ukraine, - Canadian ambassador
Ukraine lacks the mechanisms to react to corruption
Ukraine lacks the mechanisms to react to corruption, said Canadian Ambassador to Ukraine Roman Vashchuk, - reported NV.
"This is a country where everyone knows about everyone and openly says, but Prosecutor Office and the courts do not work for justice to prevail” – said the diplomat.
At the same time, he hopes on the new structures: the National Anti-Corruption Bureau and the Anti-Corruption Prosecutor Office.
We reported that fighting corruption in Ukraine turned out to be unsuccessful
The diplomat stressed that corruption remains to be "on the front pages" every day and we should act decisively.
"A lot of people feel themselves very comfortable in this situation. And it's not about ten people, it’s about hundreds of thousands and maybe even millions, who have accepted the corruption formula existence, and transition to the fair positions will break their comfort. So I understand why it’s very difficult to reverse the situation” – said Vashchuk.
The Ambassador considers that Ukraine is full of geniuses who, unfortunately, don’t use their talents for their benefit.
"This is a country of talented scientists, mathematicians and IT-staff. But during ten days for some reason no one can count the votes in the local elections," - he said.
New Ukrainian government brought a lot of achievements.
"Firstly it’s financial decentralization, which was announced and conducted. Now the local government has much more resources. The question is, how effectively they will use those resources," - said the ambassador.
He also noted the success of the New Police project.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars