Convicted in Russia Ukrainian Litvinov demands an apology
He states that he was illegally detained in Russian prison and tortured
Ukrainian Sergey Litvinov convicted by the District Court of Rostov region of Russia for eight and a half years in prison for robbery, demanded from Russian prosecutor's office to apologize to him for the illegal criminal prosecution by the Russian Federation, reported Litvinov’s lawyer Victor Parshutkin on Facebook.
The application for compensation for moral damage is directed to the Prosecutor General Yuriy Chaika.
Litvinov was arrested in 2014. He was accused of punitive operations in Donbas serving in the "Dnepr" battalion and killing of at least 39 people. The lawyer proved that the "victims" Litvinov had never existed. The Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation withdrew the charges, but immediately after that Ukrainian was accused of robbery.
Parshutkin said that if prosecutors will ignore the statement of his client, he will appeal to the court.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain