Coloured art-airplane appeared near Kyiv airport
Old An-24 aircraft found a new life thanks to mastership of Georgian artist
At the area of Kyiv airport appeared painted plane, bzh.life reported.
Antonov An-24 aircraft conducted its first flight out Kyiv airport on October 31, 1962. The aircraft was going for scrap metal, but airport officials have decided to save it and turn into transformed art space.
Airplane painted Georgian artist Avtandil Gurgenidze, who became well-known for design of Nadzaladevi metropolitan station in Tbilisi as well as the creation of street-art works in Georgia and Europe.
The artist worked in the airport hangar for two weeks, and the process of moving and installation of art-airplane took six hours.
By the spring, An-24 is planned to equip by a small gallery-transformer, according to the press service of the airport. The space inside and outside the territory of the plane is planned to use for exhibitions, film screenings, various meetings and even parties.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas