Clashes between supporters of legalization of marijuana and police in Georgia
Protesters blew up noise grenades and smoke bombs, as well as painted police cars
In the Georgian town of Samtredia near police building takes place the rally of the youth organization "White movement" (the second name is "White Noise"), advocating for the decriminalization of soft drugs. It is reported by "Radio Liberty".
The reason for the rally was the recent suicide of 22 year old Demur Sturua, who spoke in a suicide note that one of the policemen demanded from him to become an informant for law enforcement, threatening otherwise to initiate a criminal case and arrest on charges of possession and consumption of drugs.
The protesters said that the Drug Policy Georgia is excessively cruel and enables the police to carry out the blackmail and pressure on drug addicts.
Georgian delegation to PACE didn’t’ vote for resolution on Ukraine 14 October, 12:03
Car of Saakashvili’s close companion was blown up 5 October, 11:49
112.international Exclusive: Georgian parliamentary elections comments 15 October, 19:30
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain