Clashes between activists and National Guard on the border with Crimea
Ukrainian Guardsmen had beaten Crimean Tatars, eldery and women
Clashes between participants of Crimean blockade and members of Ukrainian National Guard took place at the border between mainland Ukraine and the peninsula. The deputy head of media center of Pravyi Sektor Varvara Chornoivanenko said that "two rows of the National Guard representatives stand from the one hand, and the activists of civic blockade, representatives of other volunteer groups - from another. National Guards had an intention to stand here for a long time. They targeted their guns against the activists, among whom are some elderly Crimean Tatars and even women were kicked and beaten," said Chornoivanenko. She also added that there are 7-10 victims.
She explained that the activists arrived November 21 in the morning to defend order and prevent theft of equipment of the electricity towers in Chaplynka, Kherson region, which is at the administrative border between mainland Ukraine and Crimea. November 20 an explosion of the power lines was planned, but the explosion did not occur.
The main demand of the activists, according Chernoivanenko is to reunite Crimea and Ukraine and immediately begin energy blockade of the peninsula.
Journalist Osman Pashaev wrote in his Facebook that police in Chaplynka detains anyone who goes to support the action. Earlier he said that in the Kherson region the armed law enforcers surrounded the protesters of Crimean blockade, who were protesting against the repair of damaged power lines feeding electricity to the occupied peninsula.
The President Administration explained that the National Guard came to the place in order to ground the electricity cabels. At the same time the Crimean Tatars gathered near the Administration of President with a demand to stop violence against the protesters, not to beat the women and eldery.
After the talks, the security forces removed the cordon around the power wires, and the participants of blockade enabled employees of Emergency Services to conduct grounding.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
In occupied Crimea reported an increase in tourist traffic 15 October, 15:32
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars