Chubarov: ‘Crimea’ volunteer battalion will be instrumental during liberation of peninsula
Leader of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars says Ukraine needs a unit of Crimean Tatar volunteers
“As a politician, I reckon this unit will be irreplaceable during the de-occupation of Crimea. It could keep the public order and guard civilian and strategic objects, as well as governmental buildings. These will be Crimea-born people and they will never let anything bad happen. We are in the middle of talks with the President, and I really hope such battalion will be created soon”, Chubarov said in an interview with ‘Apostrophe’.
According to him, the concept of the ‘Crimea’ battalion has been presented to President Petro Poroshenko and Interior Minister Arsen Avakov.
“There should be a unit in Ukraine’s Interior Ministry, where recruits from Crimea would serve. These should be Crimea-born Ukrainian citizens. Of course, there will be people of different origins and beliefs, but one has to ensure all conditions for Crimean Tatars to hold on to their spiritual practices. Part of the Crimean youth, especially Crimean Tatars, leave the occupied Crimea and move to the mainland Ukraine. Creating such battalion would be a great idea for them; they wish to serve, just not in the Russian army”, Chubarov said.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case