Chubarov claimed state of emergency in Mejlis’s activity
The Crimean Tatar leader issued respective decree on April 26
“The occupant Russian court made an illegitimate decision today, which puts Mejlis as an extremist organization and prohibits its activity. As the Head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatars people, I issued the decree about introduction of the state of emergency in all authoritative bodies of the self-governance of Crimean Tatar people under conditions of temporary Russian occupation of Crimea”, Chubarov said at a press conference broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel. He expressed confidence that the international community will soon react on the ban imposed by pro-Russian authorities in the occupied Crimea.
Refat Chubarov added that from now on, the central office of the Mejlis will be located in Kyiv.
Earlier today, the so-called "Supreme Court" of the Russian-occupied Crimea banned Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people and forbade any activities of this organization across the Russian Federation.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas