Chornobyl NPP staff protest near government building
They demand to give them back their compensation uplift
Workers of Chornobyl nuclear power plant gathered for peaceful demonstration near the government building in Kyiv on Wednesday, 112 Ukraine TV channel reported.
“The staff working at the NPP and those working for the NPP-related enterprises located in the Chornobyl exclusion zone. They ask the government to return their salary supplement for working in the ionizing radiation area. Since early 2016, they never received this money”, the channel's correspondent said.
“It’s an additional payment for working in dangerous area, and it amounts to 1.5 times of the minimum salary. It’s a compensation for hazardous working conditions. And though the respective law was passed, the issue remains on the table”, said Maksym Orlov, head of the trade union committee of the Chornobyl NPP.
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas