Chernobyl Children International urges to honor liquidators of Chernobyl nuclear disaster
Founder of the CCI said this at the special session of the UN General Assembly in New York
“My very first call to this Assembly is that these heroic people, liquidators of the nuclear disaster in Chornobyl, should be recognized and honored. There should be a global fund, so that their medical and social requirements are fully met”, founder of Chernobyl Children International Adi Roche said during the UN General Assembly’s session, dedicated to the 30th anniversary of Chornobyl nuclear tragedy (Voice of America).
In 1991, Roche founded the Chernobyl Children International, to provide aid to the children of Ukraine, Russia and Belarus. Under her leadership, the CCI has delivered over €100 million to the areas most affected by the disaster and has brought over 25,000 children into Ireland for rest and recuperation purposes.
Earlier, Ukraine’s Permanent Representative in the UN Volodymyr Yelchenko said the scale of the Chornobyl disaster is equal to that of the Great Famine in Ukraine of 1932-33, the Second World War and the ongoing Russia’s aggression in Ukraine.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars