Cardinal Secretary of Vatican arrives to Ukraine
Pietro Parolin will announce start of Pope Francis’s "Pope for Ukraine" humanitarian action
Vatican Cardinal Secretary Pietro Parolin arrived in Ukraine on a visit, the agency "Interfax-Ukraine" reports.
The Vatican Secretary of State has planned an extensive program of the visit. He will be in Ukraine from June 16 to 20.
During this time, Pietro Parolin will visit Zaporizhia, Lviv and Kyiv. In Kyiv, he will hold several meetings concerning the distribution of donations in connection with the situation in Donbas region.
In Kyiv, the Vatican's representative will meet with the President of Petro Poroshenko, Internal Affairs Minister Pavlo Klimkin and with the Chairman of the Ukrainian Parliament Andriy Parubiy.
The rest of the time he will stay in Lviv to hold meetings with representatives of the Roman Catholic Church, the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church and the congregation.
Pietro Parolin is going to sanctify the territory in Mukachevo, where the new church dedicated to Pope John Paul II will be built.
During the last two days he will visit several schools in Lviv for a meeting with seminarians. Vatican Secretary of State will lay flowers at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and visit the famine museum on June 20.
A press conference is scheduled by the end of the visit.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain