Car of Saakashvili’s close companion was blown up
Givi Targamadze, leader of United National Movement (UNM), was blown up in Tbilisi. Five people wounded
The car of one of Saakashvili’s close companions Givi Targamadze, leader of United National Movement (UNM) was blown up in Tbilisi’s Kolkhoznaya square, reported by Rustavi-2 TV channel.
According to preliminary data five people were wounded, four of them are hospitalized, reports Georgia Online.
The car blew up 1 km away from the office of the United National Movement. Targamadze together with his driver were in the car at the moment of the blast. They got minor injuries. The blast significantly damaged the hinder part of the vehicle. Givi Targamadze is not wounded.
“I think the explosive was set up in the hinder part of the vehicle. As it can be seen, the person who pressed the button on the remote control was following us behind. They hoped that the car functions on LPG. Fortunately this is not true,” – said Targamadze.
The Minister of Health David Sergeenko reports of four people hospitalized after the blast, according to News of Georgia.
“Four patients are in hospitals, two of them – in Ingorokva neurosurgery clinic. One of them is in the state of moderate severity. He needs a surgery; the second patient has minor injuries. Another two are in the nearby clinic,” – Sergeenko said to the journalists after having visited the victims in the hospitals.
A criminal case is initiated in intentional homicide under aggravating circumstances.
As it was reported earlier, the chairman of the Odessa Regional State Administration Mikheil Saakashvili said that he was going to come back to his motherland, where he is charged in several criminal cases, and he also considering the Head of National Police of Ukraine Khatia Dekanoidze on the position of future Head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia.
Georgia is having parliamentary elections this year. This will be a decisive point for the country, which shifted to the parliamentary form of government in 2012. According to the new Constitution, this legislative body shall form the government. while the President became a figure for handshakes, not wielding the real power.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas