Capital of Ukraine and suburbs covered with smoke
Sulfur dioxide level in some districts of Kyiv is 18 higher than usual
A large-scale fire in the Darnytsa forest-park, which occurred yesterday and affected 32 hectares, is already localized, the situation is under control. Only some trees and grass are still smoldering, states our journalist from the hot spot.
The capital of Ukraine, Kyiv, and suburbs within a radius of several kilometers are covered smoke. The concentration of sulfur dioxide in some districts of Kyiv is in 10 times (Troyeshchyna district) and even 18 times (Brovarsky prospect) higher than the applicable standard, stated State Emergency Service. In the Pechersk district of Kyiv all schools and kindergartens are closed until Monday. Residents of Darnytsa district are not recommended to open their windows and to send their children to school.
According to the preliminary estimations of the experts, it was the intentional large-scale arson, as four fire hotspots were detected in the opposite parts of the forest.
Yesterday the City of Kyiv Department of Sanitation stated about the high level of contaminants in the atmospheric boundary layer.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain