Cabinet of Ministers to offer Parliament to change Savchenko’s Law
According to the Prime Minister, government needs to solve the problem in collaboration with the parliament
Ukrainian Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman states that the Cabinet of ministers has the intention to offer the Verkhovna Rada to strike down or to introduce changes to the Savchenko’s Law. Volodymyr Groysman told that on air of one of the Ukrainian TV channels.
“A specific law was submitted by a specific parliamentary party allowed a dozen of thousands of criminals walked free – convicted for rape, murder, robbery – most of these people are released under the Savchenko’s Law. That’s why we need to activate our fight with delinquency,” – said Prime Minister, according to Interfax.
According to Volodymyr Groysman, government needs to solve the problem in collaboration with the parliament.
“And the government will soon face the need to amend the Savchenko’s Law or to lift it,” – said Groysman.
As it was reported earlier, the Verkhovna Rada adopted the law of the Criminal Code of Ukraine, authored by Nadiya Savchenko, on November 26, 2015. The Law on adding amendments into the Criminal Code of Ukraine regarding the procedure of counting the term of detention and including the pretrial detention term in it. The informal name of the document is Savchenko’s Law.
Tuka doubts that Savchenko visited occupied territories of Donbas 14 October, 21:47
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee