Boeing MH17 was downed with a Buk missile system - official report
This conclusion was presented today by the Security Council of the Netherlands
The Security Council of the Netherlands declares that "Boeing" over Donbas was shot down with Buk missile system. The appropriate conclusion is released in the report of the Security Council, presented today to the relatives of victims of the disaster and to the media. The report represents the head of the Dutch Safety Board.
“MH17 collapsed as a result of detonation of the warhead, which exploded outside the plane on the left side of the cockpit. This is a missile warhead, which is installed on a ground-to-air "Buck" system. As a result of the detonation the front part of the plane fell off, the plane disintegrated in the air. Fragments were scattered in a radius of 50 km in the east of Ukraine. The missile was launched from the territory of a radius of 320 km in the area of the crash,” as said in the report.
"Malaysian Airlines" passenger aircraft was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was shot down by militants July 17, 2014 in the Donetsk region. All 298 people died. Most of the passengers, 193 people, were citizens of Netherlands.
Earlier, Dutch experts concluded that the fragment, which stuck in the fuselage of the Boeing, is part of the Buk missile system. Russian Defense Ministry refuted a message that Boeing was shot down by Russian air defense missile systems.
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia 21 October, 19:31
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case