Berlusconi in Massandra Winery, Crimea: "I want to drink it!"
Putin and Berlusconi attended the winery tunnel with 9 mln dekaliters capacity
Friday 11, Russian President Vladimir Putin together with a good friend of him, former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi visited the Massandra Winery in Crimea, particularly, they visited the store with the largest collection of wines, Interfax.
On their way from the Hasfort mountain to Yalta Putin and Berlusconi, traveling in the same car, stopped at Massandra Palace. After Russian annexation of Crimea this place belongs to Administration of the Russian President. The biggest tunnel of the winery with 9 mln dekaliters capacity.
Berlusconi and Putin attended the biggest wine gallery, which contains 500 thousands bottles. They stopped at the racks where the wine has been stored since the Second World War. General Director of "Massandra" showed the Russian president and former prime minister of Italy the most valuable exhibits of the collection – a two centuries old wine. “And is it allowed to drink it?” asked Berlusconi. After receiving an affirmative answer, he also listened to the story of how one of the wines Golitsyn was declared the winner in the "blind tasting" at the World Exhibition in Paris in 1900.
"I want to drink it," confessed Berlusconi and went to the tasting room.
They also laid flowers at the memorial at the foot of Hasfort mountain, dedicated to the memory of soldiers from Sardinia who died in the Crimean War.
Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemns Italian leader of Forza Italia!, former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who arrived to temporarily occupied Crimea. MFA also notes that the actions of the Italian official are also at odds with the policy of the European Union, which condemns Russia's actions and recognize the illegal occupation of Crimea.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels