BBC: Syria conflict: Deadly strike on Save the Children maternity hospital
An air strike has hit a maternity hospital supported by Save the Children in north-western Syria, killing two people and wounding three others
Syria Relief, the aid agency that manages the hospital, said those killed were relatives of patients.
Save the Children said the bomb, from an air strike, hit the entrance to the hospital in rural Idlib province.
Images show part of the building in Kafer Takhareem destroyed. It is not clear who carried out the attack.
Save the Children says the hospital is the biggest in the area, carrying out more than 300 deliveries a month.
UK-based monitoring group the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said a nearby civil defence building was also damaged.
Read the full article here.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
Shoigu: Russia and Syria suspended air attacks on Aleppo 18 October, 13:24
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee