BBC: Russia's fixation with 'information war'
In the studio discussion on Russian TV that followed this year's Eurovision, the consensus was that their man, Sergei Lazarev had been the victim of political machinations among the juries
The show's host rejoiced in the fact that Lazarev had won the telephone vote. But this, he said, had been achieved in the face of an anti-Russian "information campaign".
The following day, actress Elena Drapeko, who is also deputy chair of the State Duma's culture committee, went even further, saying Lazarev's loss to Ukrainian singer Jamala was the result of an "information war".
This might seem a bit extreme. After all, Lazarev was third, not languishing in the lower reaches, as is the UK's perennial fate. But such talk of "information war" is now par for the course in Russia when it comes to reverses or criticism in the West.
Read more here.
Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council 28 October, 21:34
35000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported 28 October, 17:18
Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia 28 October, 12:48
Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report 28 October, 17:29
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case