BBC: Munich shooting: Gunman 'planned attack for year'
The teenage gunman who killed nine people in Munich on Friday had been planning his attack for a year, German authorities say
David Ali Sonboly, 18, who had a Glock pistol and more than 300 bullets, killed himself after the attack.
Bavarian government officials said he appeared to have bought the illegal pistol used in the attack on the so called "dark net".
Vigils continue in the city to commemorate the victims.
Seven of the dead were teenagers - two Turks, two Germans, a Hungarian, a Greek and a Kosovan.
A further 35 people were injured, but only four of them have bullet wounds.
The state government officials told a news conference that the victims of the attack had not been specifically targeted and were not classmates of the gunman.
Robert Heimberger, head of Bavaria's criminal police, said Sonboly had paid a visit last year to the town of Winnenden - the scene of a previous school shooting in 2009 - and took photographs.
Mr Heimberger added that the parents of the gunman remained in shock and were not able to be interviewed.
He said it was likely the Glock pistol Sonboly used - which had been reactivated - was bought on the "dark net" market, an area accessible only with the use of special software.
Sonboly was a keen player of "first-person shooter" video games, he said.
Mr Heimberger also said that police had not found the manifesto of Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik when they searched Sonboly's room at his parents' flat.
A day earlier, officials had raised the possibility of a link to Breivik, whose own attack was carried out five years earlier to the day.
Read the full article here
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars