Back to school day in Ukraine
3.8 mln of children went to their Knowledge Day celebrations
September 1, Ukrainian students celebrate Knowledge Day, official beginning of a new school year.
Traditionally, 414,000 children all over the country went to their first Knowledge Day celebratory assembly. Overall, this is 38 thousand children more than in the last year. 307 thousand yesterdays’ pupils became students of universities and colleges. With the beginning of the school year, seven new school opened in Ukraine.
In addition, 20.5 thousand graduates from Donetsk and Luhansk regions schools entered the Ukrainian institutions of higher education, and some 963 came from occupied Crimea.
September 1 Cabinet of Ministers reported to increase salaries for teachers and students’ scholarships. Teachers with a special category now will get $22 more; teachers with special qualification will get $28 more.
More than four thousand graduates of self-proclaimed LPR schools received their certificates. Almost 146 thousand students go to self-proclaimed DPR schools this year and 10 thousand of first-graders are now in LPR, state local media. It is also reported that more than 480 schools are ready to accept children for this school year, following the Russian educational standarts. Russia has delivered textbooks compiled by the "gold" standard of the Soviet era to the schools of self-proclaimed territories.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday 24 October, 09:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case