Back to school day in Ukraine
3.8 mln of children went to their Knowledge Day celebrations
September 1, Ukrainian students celebrate Knowledge Day, official beginning of a new school year.
Traditionally, 414,000 children all over the country went to their first Knowledge Day celebratory assembly. Overall, this is 38 thousand children more than in the last year. 307 thousand yesterdays’ pupils became students of universities and colleges. With the beginning of the school year, seven new school opened in Ukraine.
In addition, 20.5 thousand graduates from Donetsk and Luhansk regions schools entered the Ukrainian institutions of higher education, and some 963 came from occupied Crimea.
September 1 Cabinet of Ministers reported to increase salaries for teachers and students’ scholarships. Teachers with a special category now will get $22 more; teachers with special qualification will get $28 more.
More than four thousand graduates of self-proclaimed LPR schools received their certificates. Almost 146 thousand students go to self-proclaimed DPR schools this year and 10 thousand of first-graders are now in LPR, state local media. It is also reported that more than 480 schools are ready to accept children for this school year, following the Russian educational standarts. Russia has delivered textbooks compiled by the "gold" standard of the Soviet era to the schools of self-proclaimed territories.
Russian military vehicles enter occupied Crimea 7 December, 18:24
Canadian FM: Crimea is Ukraine 9 December, 09:13
Ukrainian journalist Semena accused of extremism in annexed Crimea 8 December, 14:59
- UKRAINE TOP 10:09SAP calls Onishchenko for questioning on December 13
- SOCIETY09:25Suicide bombers kill 56 people in Nigeria
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:2831 attack reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE TOP 07:41Ukrainian who put up "Heavenly Hundred Street" sign on the house was detained in Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:4914 attacks reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- asia23:17UN General Assembly called for immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria
- POLITICS22:51Manafort claimed that “shadow accounting” documents are fake
- UKRAINE TOP 22:08Lutsenko: Notice of suspicion against Yanukovych was served according to the law
- UKRAINE TOP 21:33Russia blocked declaration on crisis in Ukraine at OSCE Ministerial Council, - MFA
- UKRAINE TOP 20:31"Naftogaz”: Agreement on gas supplies not signed, Ukraine will not buy gas from Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism