Feedback
Atatürk airport in Istanbul resumes work, - Turkish media
08:52, 29 June 2016
Atatürk airport in Istanbul resumes work, - Turkish media

Previously, Ukrainian consul said the airport suspended work until Wednesday afternoon

08:52, 29 June 2016

Daily Sabah

Terminals of Atatürk airport are now operational, after the police checked it for explosives. Daily Sabah reported this with a reference to Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim who came to the emergency site. He said that the air traffic is now restored after the terrorist attacks.

In late hours of Tuesday, June 28, three suicide bombers broke into the arrivals of the largest airport of Istanbul. They opened fire from machineguns. The police returned fire and tried to stop them, but the terrorists set off bombs.

The Turkish Prime Minister said 36 people were killed by the explosion; according to Istanbul governor Vasip Şahin, the number of those killed by the explosion could amount to at least 50 people. Turkish Justice Ministry’s report features information about 31 deceased ones.

A Ukrainian citizen was killed in the blast; probably, another Ukrainian was injured, the country’s consul in Istanbul reported.

Turkish government suspects the ISIS are the ones behind the terrorist act.  

Related: Ukrainian citizen dies in terrorist act in Istanbul

Topics:
Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

Comments
see more