Lately, the module has been visited by two engineers of the station. They gathered samples of air and made a couple of measurements. The project has been developed by a private company from Las Vegas. The inflatable construction is much easier and cheaper to launch in space than a metal one. Scientists believe, the technology will prove useful during long-lasting space mission, like a mission on Mars.
Astronauts are piloting experimental inflatable module of the International Space Station (ISS)
The experiment started at the end of May, so far it has been tested only automatically.
- POLITICS17:32Steinmeier accuses Erdogan of persecuting opposition
- POLITICS16:47US Special Representative for Ukraine, Kurt Volker visits Donbas
- SOCIETY16:03Pentagon doesn't exclude possibility of armed conflict with DPRK
- UKRAINE TOP 15:21Second delivery of anthracite coal comes to Ukraine from South Africa
- UKRAINE TOP 14:37Prosecutors working on Yanukovych case to have bodyguards
- RUSSIA13:58Mother of detained Russian soldier Ageev received a phone call from FSB
- SOCIETY13:14Memorial ceremony for MH17 plane crash victims held in Australia
- UKRAINE TOP 12:36Russian court arrests prosecutor, investigator on Yanukonych case in absentia
- RUSSIA11:47Pentagon says Russia poses greatest threat to the US
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:06Militants shut down Donetsk filtration plant
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
16:21, 21 July Earthquake in Aegean Sea claims at least two lives