Aspen Institute officially starts in Ukraine
Ex finance minister Natalya Yaresko headed the Aspen Institute Kyiv supervisory committee and Serhey Koshman became the CEO
The Aspen Institute Kyiv has officially opened today. It became the tenth partner of the Aspen Institute network, which includes France, Germany, Italy and other countries. The KM Core president Yevhen Utkin and historian Yaroslav Hrytsak are among supervisory committee members, reports ain.ua.
The Aspen Institute is an international nonprofit organization founded in 1950 that is dedicated to "fostering enlightened leadership, the appreciation of timeless ideas and values, and open-minded dialogue on contemporary issues". The institute and its international partners promote the pursuit of common ground and deeper understanding in a nonpartisan and nonideological setting through regular seminars, policy programs, conferences, and leadership development initiatives.
Aspen Institute supports its partners, as the Aspen Institute Kyiv, because we wish for the creation of global leader community dedicated to the greater good. The idea of "the greater good" is especially important for the Institute. Innovative ideas that are created during conversations in the Institute give a start to the construction of the "proper community" that strives for perfection..." - announced the president of the Aspen Institute Walter Isaacson, the author of bestselling biography of Steve Jobs.
"I am sure that the Aspen Institute Kyiv will inspire new generation of young Ukrainians that will become responsible citizens and leaders of the proud, strong, democratic, prosper and effectively operated progressive country", - said the executive vice president of the Aspen Institute Elliot Gerson.
In the near future the Aspen Institute Kyiv plans to open the "Technologies and Society" course.
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars