Art works of 8 Ukrainian artists to be presented in New York
New Perspectives: 8 Contemporary Artists from Ukraine art exhibition is to be held in New York during December 1-20, 2015 at the Ukrainian Institute of America
Works of the eight well-known Ukrainian artists will be presented in New York as part of an art project New Perspectives: 8 Contemporary Artists from Ukraine, Ukrinform reported.
A selling group exhibition New Perspectives: 8 Contemporary Artists from Ukraine presenting works in different media by artists in the forefront of current art practice in Ukraine, said in the announcement of the Ukrainian Institute of America.
“Organized in cooperation with Mystetska Zbirka Gallery (Kyiv, Ukraine), New Perspectives is curated by Dr. Walter Hoydysh of The Ukrainian Institute together with Max and Julia Voloshyn of Mystetska Zbirka Gallery," said in a statement.
The exhibition will open December 1 and remain on view through December 20, 2015. An opening reception will be held on Friday, December 4 from 6–8pm, the Ukrainian Institute of America reported.
At the exhibition will be represented works of the following Ukrainian artists: Mikhailo Deyak, Tatyana Malinovska, Mykola Matsenko, Roman Minin, Stepan Ryabchenko, Oleg Tistol, Anna Valieva, and Artem Volokitin.
"For the first time such a large-scale exhibition of Ukrainian artists will be held in the heart of New York. I am sure it will allow the western audience to become better acquainted with Ukrainian art and to discover new values and spiritual and aesthetic facets of our culture," the curator of the art exibition Max Voloshin said.
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S. 10 October, 10:00
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain