"The Art of Love, Peace and War" - 8th GogolFest started in Kyiv
"Taste tomorrow today" is the main message of this year`s international cross-disciplinary festival of contemporary art
On Thursday, September 17, in Kyiv opened the 8th International festival of contemporary art GogolFest.
This year the festival, which has gained almost flagship significance, opened with the concert performance of "The Art of War and Peace", which represents the unifying theme for all the variety of cultural events within it.
This year the fest from the industrial zone near Vydubychi area in Kyiv, which hosted it the previous three years, moved to an Exhibition Center, which suring the Soviet times was called as an Exhibition of Achievements of the People's Economy, Depo.ua reports.
Festival events are to be held at 14 locations of the Exhibition Center (EC). "Of course, it is a challenge, because the space is huge. The EC was designed not quite for what we are going to do here, so we have to reequip it all," the founder of the festival and stage director Vlad Troitskyi said before the opening of GogolFest.
Among this year's participating countries, whose representatives have already confirmed their attendance,except Ukraine, there are Spain, Israel, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, France, Lithuania, Germany, Great Britain, Kazakhstan, Canada, Austria, Sweden, Belarus, Norway, Italy, USA, Hungary and Ireland, was noted on the festival website.
During 11 days of the festival - from 17 till 27 September - almost five hundred different scheduled events are to be presented. Visitors will be able to choose the activities to suit all tastes - theater, academic and alternative music, literature, cinema, visual arts, fashion, dance, eco-art. Traditionally, it will be widely available educational and children's programs. In addition, every day, there are going to be conducted tours of the Exhibition Centre itself, because all the buildings of it regarded as the monuments of the Soviet period, Depo.ua states.
Halloween is coming in Ukraine 28 October, 19:14
112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016 27 October, 12:43
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case