An Islamist, sought by INTERPOL, detained in Chernihiv region
The man was a member of Jaish al-Muhajireen wal-Ansar group
The Security Service of Ukraine has detained a member of an Islamist organization "al-Nusra Front", who was wanted internationally. The man was detained in Chernihiv region, as states the press service of the Security Service.
"According to the information of the intelligence, in the years 2013-2014 a native of one of the former Soviet republics took part in the Syrian military conflict as part of the Jaish al-Muhajireen wal-Ansar group, which is part of the "al-Nusra Front," as said in the report.
Hiding from justice, the attacker arrived in Ukraine with a fake passport and tried to get into one of the countries of the Middle East.
The foreigner is detained in accordance with Art. 582 of the Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine. He was placed in temporary detention facility. Judicial authorities are concidering the question of taking a measure of restraint - arrest under extradition.
Earlier at the airport "Boryspil" (Kyiv) a Russian citizen, who wanted by Interpol for terrorism, had been detained.
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
Shoigu: Russia and Syria suspended air attacks on Aleppo 18 October, 13:24
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars