Amnesty International judged Ukraine's ban of international journalists
Sanctions against international journalists create a dangerous precedent - AI
The decision of the Ukrainian government to ban dozens of foreign journalists to enter the country on the grounds that they represent a threat to national security, is an attack on freedom of expression, as states Amnesty International.
"The decision on sanctions against dozens of journalists creates a dangerous precedent. The space for journalists and, accordingly, public access to information is significantly limited," said Denys Krivosheyev, Deputy Director, Europe and Central Asia Programme at Amnesty International. "It is also a disturbing attack on the journalists' freedom of movement. Ukrainian government should take the necessary measures to ensure full and free access for journalists covering the situation in the country," he added.
President Poroshenko signed a decree, which includes 388 persons, who are “actual or potential security threats”. Those enlisted to face entry bans, freezing of their financial assets, etc.
President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov, Russian Minister of Defense Sergei Shoigu, Russian officials involved into annexation of Crimea and Donbas war, and some European politicians who agreed to come to observe the illegal referendum in Crimea and elections in the militants-controlled parts of Donbas, are also blacklisted by Ukraine.
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain