Activists of Ukrainian Cultural Center detained in annexed Crimea
They came to the monument to Khmelnitsky to lay flowers and it was interpreted as extremism
In annexed Simferopol, October 14, Russian law enforcers detained three members of the Ukrainian cultural center at the monument to Bohdan Khmelnitsky, where they came to lay flowers on the occasion of the Day of Ukrainian Cossacks. Activists were immediately taken away for questioning to the local center to combat extremism (Center "E"), Krymr.com.
“We came to the monument on the late afternoon, and we really had no time to do something [some damage] there. Several police officers came close to us and some people in civilian clothes too. They asked us to show our IDs. Making sure that we do have them, they are asked to go with them for questioning and took us to the Center “E”),” stated one of the activists Leonid Kuzmyn.
“Some law enforcement officers say they are still employees of the Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs. They recorded our phone numbers, deleted the photos from our cell phones and let free,” he said.
“I was also said that the Ukrainian Cultural Center is an extremist organization and falls under article 2.82 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation - the creation of extremist organizations or extremist community, "confessed the activist. He said that the main claim of law enforcement officers was connected with alleged attempt of unauthorized rally. Comments of Crimean law enforcement agencies in this regard are missing.
October 14, in annexed Simferopol Russian police surrounded the monument to Taras Shevchenko, where the pro-Ukrainian activists brought flowers on the occasion of the Defender of Ukraine Day, the Day of Ukrainian Cossacks and the Ukrainian Insurgent Army Day.
After the annexation of the Crimea Russian pro-Ukrainian activists are constantly harassed by law enforcement officers in the Crimea.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case